[nabs-l] Chemistry lab as a blind college student

Sanchas, Robert rsanchas_8264 at email.ric.edu
Wed Nov 26 22:57:40 UTC 2014

I know at Rhode Island College their Disability Services Center talks with the professor or department chair and they arrange either that you have a partner or an assistant at no cost to the you.

I don't know what your school's policy is, but I have had partners in the past do what I wasn't able to do and I kept notes and data, afterwards I passed it on to them. One time for an exam I had to do the experiment on my own and my professor had me schedule a different time and he read all the labels and did the visual work for me. From my understanding it mainly depends on your school, professor, and program...

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving,

Rob.
Robert A. Sanchas
Co-Facilitator-Bridging Connections
Academic Chairman- Nu Rho Colony of Phi Mu Delta