[nabs-l] iPad HELP for student teaching...

Sanchas, Robert rsanchas_8264 at email.ric.edu
Wed Nov 26 23:15:57 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

my name is Rob, I am a 46 year old college student at Rhode Island College. I am studying Elementary Education-Special Education. I still have some vision in my left eye (but I'm not sure for how much longer) about 15%. Next semester I start student teaching and I just ordered an iPad Air 2, I never owned or used an iPad before, and I'm scheduling training for when it gets here in the next week or so...

I'm hoping some of you use iPads frequently and can help me. I know that the apps for people who are blind are not cheap, and I can't afford buying and trying all the apps...

I would like some suggestions on which apps work good, great, or to avoid... Since the iPad will be my greatest mobile device all day when I'll be working with the students I can surely use all the help and advice you give me.

Thank you and have a Happy Thanksgiving,

Rob.