[nabs-l] What do you think: does getting involved with a blindness organization or society involve working in the real world?

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 04:36:54 UTC 2014

Hi Sami,
The population of people with any disability varies. I think your idea of creating a dividing line distinguishing individuals who are blind from those who are sighted in their own works is not possible. Ask yourself do you do the same tasks every individual does from day to day? I bet you do. I amp repaired for you to say wait, I do things differently. So does every other person on the planet.
Do not think because you can not see you have to work with those who can not see. I demand society shift their paradigm but, I can't demand anything unless I show a new way of thinking. I know my tone is harsh but, I refuse to let any individual tell me what I can make of my life.
I want to teach regular education high school English and believe me I will do it.
I hope this gives you some insight.
Best,
Bridget

Sent from my iPad