[nabs-l] President for the student division

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu Oct 2 14:38:40 UTC 2014

Hello:
I think before you run for any board position, you should ask the
current president or whoever holds that position to tell you exactly
what is required and explain what you will have to do. Running for any
position is not about being able to recite a pledge; does me knowing the
pledge mean I should be governor of a state? It might mean that your
pledge is something to build on, if the values are values you can agree
with, but don't base your speech only on the fact that you've memorized
a pledge. Second, you should be working on your speech based on what you
plan to do, not trying to find keywords to use for people to vote for you.

HTH,