[nabs-l] Studying abroad: tips and tricks.

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 03:12:16 UTC 2014

Hi Sofia,
I studied in Australia and worked with the disability office there to
get course readers in electronic format. I requested this about two
months ahead of time. It sounds like your school might be willing to
help with this.
I also had four O&M lessons to learn the campus. The study-abroad
director in Melbourne organized this. For a six-week trip it may not
be necessary and I know O&M is not available in all countries. You
could also ask someone from the host country to orient you; it really
doesn't have to be an O&M professional. Most of the neighborhood stuff
I learned on my own or from my dorm-mates. By the end of my stay Iwas
riding trains independently all over the city.
Arielle