[nabs-l] How to stay motivated.

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 03:24:30 UTC 2014

Since high school, I have been in the habit of giving myself a
mandatory day off each week. For me this is an extension of the Jewish
Shabbat tradition, so I like to take my time off on Friday evening and
Saturday morning and afternoon. However, you can choose to take your
day off on Sunday, or whenever is most practical for you. During my
day off each week I am not allowed to do schoolwork. I will still work
on NFB stuff, housework, spend time with friends, relax on the
computer, watch TV and allow myself to get as much sleep as I like. I
find that at the end of the 24 hours off my mind is clearer and I am
more motivated. Since ninth grade, I've gone through high school,
college with two majors, and a doctoral program and I think I've only
broken my day-off rule twice. If you plan ahead you can ensure that
you get a solid 24 hours off from work each week
Arielle