[nabs-l] Questions concerning study abroad

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 01:08:26 UTC 2014

Hi Kayla,

I think this depends on what kind of grad school you're planning
on attending.  The general rule of thumb is that you should never
pay to get a Ph.D., good programs will wave tuition and probably
give you a stipend as well.  SO if that's the case, then you
shouldn't have to worry about saving scholarship money, though of
course if you want to go to a master's program or get a J.D. or
M.D. things are different.  It also might be worth your while to
wait and do your semester abroad after you're in grad school--I
know a lot of programs have funding available for their students
to do that sort of thing.

Hope this helps,
Karl