[nabs-l] Building the movement, Expanding our reach, Sharing our secret.

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:34:02 UTC 2014

Darian and Fellow Federation-Builders,

I too am super excited about the 75 Days of Action initiative and what it
will bring. Here in Maryland we have an already strong affiliate complete
with vibrant chapters across the state. However, there are still parts of
Maryland which have not yet been touched by the message of the Federation. I
live in one such region and am currently in contact with blind people who
are interested in forming a new chapter here. I have been wanting to start a
chapter here for some time now, but have been dissuading myself from doing
anything about it because I was afraid there were not enough blind people in
my area to warrant its formation. However, as I have been working with other
Federationists in our affiliate on this project, I am finding that there are
blind people aplenty around here, though not many of them have joined the
Federation. They are nonaffiliated and looking for bline people with whom
they can network. When we have told them that we are working on starting a
chapter of the Federation here, most are excited and enthusiastic about
getting the chapter organized. What an exciting prospect! Keep your eyes and
ears open--there are great things coming out of Maryland!

Let's go build the Federation; 75 in 75!

Chris Nusbaum