[nabs-l] Career Fairs and Conventions

Derek Manners dmanners at jd16.law.harvard.edu
Sun Sep 14 16:28:29 UTC 2014

I completely understand your pain. I've been to a lot of career/activity fairs in the past year and it is always a little difficult. But here what I've learned so far.

1. See who all is attending. Usually this is on a website or flyer or something. Then decide who you want to check out.
2. Most  (all?) events have a coordinator. You can get in touch with them by usually calling the sponsor of the event. Tell them who you are interested in talking to and see if they can arrange for someone to show you to all the different places you want to talk to. I don't mean hold your hand throughout the entire night. I mean, they can show you to each booth either before the event or early during the event so you'll know which booths you want to come back and spend some time at once you've got the lay of the land.

Other than getting a sighted person or just wondering around and talking to each booth, I haven't found a better way to be independent.

Best
Derek Manners

Sent from my iPhone