[nabs-l] How Do Blind People Care for Babies?

Loren Wakefield theweird1 at mediacombb.net
Sun Sep 14 21:12:08 UTC 2014

I don't mean this to sound downish.  But most sighted people don't have a
clue on how to care for an infant in the beginning.  We have raised 3 kids
and now are helping with 4 grandkids.  You can listen for cries.  You can
hold them as you feed them a bottle.  Believe me, the baby will let you know
if he/she is not getting anything from the bottle.  Your fingers will tell
you if the diaper is going on correctly.  Don't be afraid to ask someone the
first time you change Tim.  The nurse showed me when I was visiting my first
son and mom in the hospital.  I'm betting you know more than you think you
do.  The next step is to have the nerve to just go ahead and do it.  You
might find out you have more trouble with mom and her boyfriend than you do
in taking care of your brother.

Loren