[nabs-l] access paratransit services

Jennifer Aberdeen freespirit328 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 20:57:20 UTC 2014

Hi Vejas,

tell them about your blindness and hearing aids and that you don't feel safe
taking a regular fixed rute, even if it is not exactly true that you don't
feel safe. Sometimes exaggeration is necessary to get what we need.  That's
what I did recently when I had to reapply. I told them about my blindness,
hearing loss and wheelchair use, which is all true in my case, it's just
that some people think that we are all super-blind or super-def or both and
that's not true...we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Hope this helps.

Jen