[nabs-l] BrailleNote Apex Maintenance

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 16:42:37 UTC 2014

Hello all,
For those of you who use BrailleNote Apex regularly for school and
other daily functions, how often do you send your device in for
maintenance and/or repair?
Humanware located in Canada is the only place we can get the service,
right?
When the device is away for maintenance/repair, what is your back-up
strategy?
I have received a BrailleNote Apex in the summer of 2013 from the
Department of Rehab in my state. So far it's functioning well but I
want to make sure I do my best to maintain it. As school is just
starting up for me again I won't be able to send it in any time soon
but I am trying to plan it ahead if getting it checked and cleaned is
beneficial for the long term use of the device.
Best,
Miso Kwak