[nabs-l] STEM Classes in a Large Lecture Setting

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 05:44:50 UTC 2014

Hello,
For those of you who attend a large university and have taken stem
classes in a large lecture hall setting, I am asking for your help.
This quarter I am taking a introductory life science class and an
introductory statistics class. Both classes will be taking place in a
lecture hall with about 200 people.
The professors have told me that their ppt presentations and such will
have graphs and diagrams.
Although I have asked them to be as verbal as possible and I trust them
that they will do their best I am sure there will be a good amount of
information that may not easily transfer to me due to its visual nature
and pace the professors have to maintain for the class.
In addition to going over such materials with the professors and/or TAs
outside of lecture time, what kind of assistance can I get?
What kinds of accomodations/assistance can I ask from my university's
office for students with disabilities in this situation?
Thank you in advance.
Miso Kwak