[nabs-l] early action for colleges

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 01:48:30 UTC 2014

Hi Vejas and all,

I was told the same thing as Minh when I was applying, so I would look
at the pros and cons.  If the college you are considering applying
early action is so much your top choice that you might not even bother
applying to other schools if you get in, then I'd go ahead and do it.
IF you're on the fence about that kind of a decision, or want to weigh
your options between different schools a little more, I would consider
going regular action for it.  I applied early action to the university
I am currently attending, but it was only because it was the one place
out of my options that I really wanted to go to, and once I found out
I was accepted in January I didn't fill out a single application to
another school.  I did take a risk there because I still had to
audition and gain acceptance into the music department, so it could
have ended badly, but I don't regret it, and like that I didn't have
to worry about any more applications for the last half of my senior
year.

To answer your question, when I did early action I did not have to do
anything beyond the standard application requirements.  The only
difference was that my deadlines for submitting everything and getting
my guidance counselor to send my transcripts were earlier.

Best of luck,

Kaiti