[nabs-l] nfb scholarships

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 02:09:58 UTC 2014

Hi Sophie,

The NFB Scholarship program is wonderful.  Miso and I were actually
roommates when we were finalists in 2013, and I think our class really
enjoyed the experience.

As Miso said, it is required that you be a student in the fall when
you submit your application, and you can check out the guidelines at
nfb.org/scholarships.  However, if you cannot apply this year, I
wouldn't totally not think about the application process.  It never
hurts to read about past scholarship finalists, practice writing
scholarship essays, or look over the application form online to get
familiar with the process.  There is another scholarship program I was
a part of back in 2013, and I won on my second try.  I think one of
the issues I faced the first time wass that since I wasn't familiar
with how the form was laid out, I didn't answer some of the questions
in the format that the scholarship committee wanted.  While the NFB
committee isn't as strict, getting familiar with what will be asked of
you can really help.

These suggestions really relate to all scholarship programs.  If you
ever apply for something which shows a list of past winners with
biographies, do read them so you know if you are similar to them in
some ways.

Good luck in your senior year and at LCB!

On 9/27/14, Vejas Vasiliauskas via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Sophie,
> I think that I will be going to LCB as well.
> How do you know that you are going to start in July? Did you pick that date
> or were
> you assigned that date?
> Vejas

Kaiti