[nabs-l] Hereing aids

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 27 22:36:07 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm creating this thread for those of you on this list who  use
hearing aids.
I'm just curious to know what kind of hearing aids you have, and
whether they work for y; can you here well enough with them,
depending on your hearing loss (moderate or severe?) Also, how
much can you here without asking for people to repeat what
they're saying? Also, do you wear the aids in both ears or just
one?

  Let me tell you about my personal experience.  I use Bolero Q90
hearing aids from Phonac, which I wear in both my ears.
I have moderate hearing loss in my right ear, and more severe in
my left.
 I find them to be extremely effective in helping me with my
hearing, as I don't have to ask people to repeat what they said
most of the time.  In fact, my audiologist told me that my aids
are one of the best so far.
These are my second pair of aids; I got my first pair 5 years
ago, but they weren't good at all, as I had to constantly ask
people for what they said.

I'm looking forward hearing about all your experiences.
Again, I'm not an audiologist and I'm not starting a project
about this, I'm just curious to learn about hearing loss and
hearing aids, and I know that there are people here who use them.

Hope to here from you soon.

Thanks,

Sami.