[nabs-l] Couponing tips

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 02:03:59 UTC 2015

Kaiti,

I don't really do any grocery shopping since I live in a dorm on my
college campus, but I have used a few different coupon related apps
for myself and my mom when I am home for breaks. You mentioned Groupon
and I can't recommend the service enough. The app is extremely
accessible and you can buy groupons straight from the app and whenever
you want to use the voucher, you simply show the groupon to the
vendor. No more hassle dealing with paper. I've used it to buy
activity deals for myself and friends and it's a great money saver for
us college students.

I love shopping for clothes, shoes and such and a really cool app I
have is Retail Me Not which tells me of sales and deals that are going
on in stores around me if I am at a shopping mall. You can also
favorite certain stores and browse their deals before you shop. I will
do this if I want to plan out which stores I want to visit while at
the mall. One last app that comes to mind is Saving Star. I haven't
used this app extensively, but from what I saw, it is fairly
accessible and it shows coupons for grocery items that you can clip
and save in the app and then show to the casheer at check out. The
only complication I can think of is if you have multiple coupons, it
might be inconvenient and time consuming to show all the different
coupons that you have saved. Hopefully you can figure out a system to
make couponing more efficient.

Happy shopping,
Minh