[nabs-l] colleges

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:13:08 UTC 2015

I could put you in touch with someone who attended Kent State about 10
years ago and with someone who attended App and graduated a year or
two ago. Are you interested in either? I am from NC and could give you
general info about the state.

I love my home state, but there is a bill traveling through the state
legislature that if passed would require all college professors to
teach 8 courses a year. At the college level, that is a crazy amount,
and there are other education budget cuts that have either already
taken effect or are in consideration. I am personally disappointed
with what the legislature is doing with higher education, and all
education in NC for that matter, but I guess the point of including
this is that politics should unfortunately, be part of your college
search, having a working knowledge of how the legislature generally
prioritizes education and upcoming legislation that could effect you.

Cindy