[nabs-l] is anyone on here studying to become a family therapist?

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 02:10:43 UTC 2015

Hi All,
I'm a senior in high school who, until very recently, thought
that I wanted to be an English teacher.  However, I have decided
recently that that is not the right profession for me.  I am
thinking I might want to be a family therapist.  I have always
been interested in family dynamics and also really enjoy helping
others.  I have heard that being a therapist can be emotionally
draining, and until recently I was under the impression that
family members always went because they wanted to, although I've
just learned that the courts can send people to therapy as well.
I have also heard that it is very hard to get a job in the field.
If anyone has any experiences, please feel free to share.
Thanks,
Vejas