[nabs-l] Typing accurately and expeditiously with Typing Echo Turned Off

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:59:13 UTC 2015

              Hi All,

I typically set the typing echo to character while typing with JAWS, but
recently I have started typing with the typing echo turned off so as to
increase my typing speed as it helps you write with greater speed and in a
more fluid way. However, the level of accuracy right now is abysmal and I
often end up entering punctuation marks and half-words and inadvertently
repeating letters which require extensive editing and considerably reduce
the eventual typing speed. So, is it a good strategy to type with typing
echo turned off and, if yes, what strategies can I adopt to improve the
accuracy of the stuff that I type? What steps did you take to make the
transition process from typing echo to absence of typing echo smoother?

Best,

Rahul