[nabs-l] taking a college class for no credit

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 3 04:48:16 UTC 2015

Hello Vejas,

I think Arielle made some great suggestions. In addition, I am wondering if
it would make any difference as to what type of class you might want to take
while receiving training at the Louisiana Center for the Blind.

I know some colleges offer classes on how to be a successful college student
where you learn things such as time management, effective study habits, tips
for taking tests, and other things that make for a successful college
student. I am wondering what your college in California would think about
you taking such a class as a part of your training at the Louisiana Center
for the Blind. Since most scholarships depend on maintaining a certain grade
point average, the college in California might be willing to make an
exception to their rules if you are interested in taking a nonacademic class
that would allow you to be a more successful student once you start taking
classes there.

I have no idea if the college in California would be willing to make an
exception to their rules, but it might be something worth investigating. I
know I was not prepared for college straight out of high school, so I would
definitely encourage anyone to take a college class as a part of their
training at the Louisiana Center for the Blind if they believe it is
something that would benefit them.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth