[nabs-l] Why I attended my own Iep meetings

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 00:29:21 UTC 2015

As I am going to be a teacher, I believe students should be active participants at their IEP meetings. I think receiving a braille copy and having the student facilitate the meeting is a great idea. I wish more schools provided students with that kind of access.
I think making IEPs available to students will make transitions much easier.
As a student I was always confused because I never knew what my IEP said. I could never plan effectively while I was in front of the CSE chair.
I think it would be great to have the student deliver to the CSE chair on progress and goals.
Great points
Bridget

Sent from my iPad