[nabs-l] French and Braille

Dezman Jackson djackson at BISM.org
Wed Feb 11 08:28:45 UTC 2015

Julie,

I'm not sure if it would work or not, but try setting your Apex to display Unified English Braille (UEB). I take it that currently what you get a lot is an accented letter preceded by dot 4 regardless of what type of accent it is.
One of the benefits of UEB is that each type of accent e.g.  grave, acute, cedilla, have unique representations in braille. This would of course require learning these symbols and the other modifications to the code based on UEB, but this should not present much of an issue if you already know braille being that the base code is still the same. Finally, for reading French, you'll of course want to have grade one mode turned on.

Kindest regards,

Dezman Jackson, NOMC, NCLB