[nabs-l] Need help Improving my Study Skills

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Thu Feb 19 19:55:11 UTC 2015

Here are some tips from guaranteed A+
1. bullet point notes from text before it is discussed in class
2. Take notes in class
3. immediately after class rewrite you notes adding any info while it is
fresh
4. Meet with professor weekly even if you don't have questions. You could
just go and and say this is my understanding of today's lecture Do I have a
good grasp of what we discussed this week?and then you know if you did
understand or if the professors corrects you or adds info
5. Plan you study times. Have your week blocked when you are going to be
studying for each class.

What type of class is it? if it is math or another similar type course work
problems at the end of the chapter. Certain subjects you can only learn by
doing lots of problems.

Meet with the professor and ask how they recommend you study for the test

Do not what until right before the test to study. Review note on a regular
basis. I would make flash cards an go through them everyday on my bus rides
to and form school