[nabs-l] MicroSoft Word question: Spelling and Grammar check

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 05:16:33 UTC 2015

To be honest, I would be interested in an answer to this question too.
Especially since I have chosen English classes in college based more
on their theme and reading material than their writing, I think I'm
becoming rusty for lack of practice.  My biggest problem seems to be
that I overuse commas, placing them in places where I think it would
be natural to pause when speaking because that's how my brain works.
Grammar check doesn't catch these issues most of the time and I
honestly don't remember a lot of my grammar lessons from almost 4
years ago.

Michael, I'm an advocate for more braille, but even though I read
books in braille all the time this is still an issue for me.  Don't
feel too bad.  :)

On 1/9/15, Michael D Ausbun via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hello Nabs!
> 	This is probably a silly question, easily solved if I were to read more
> braille; however, because I don't have the resources or time, I figured I'd
> give this a shot.
> 	I've found that it is becoming recently more common, that I tend to miss
> spelling and grammar mistakes, even after I do a spelling and grammar check
> on my documents (school, work, etc.). I was wondering, is there a saves-all
> trick that you guys use, in order to catch the homophones or random, but
> easily made, Grammar mistakes?
> Respectfully,
> Michael
> Secretary, Nevada Association of Blind Student, National Federation of the
> Blind

Kaiti