[nabs-l] A few unrelated questions

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 06:46:14 UTC 2015

Hi Kaiti. My travel abroad was only to Australia, but I remember that
the customs forms were completed on the plane, so I asked a flight
attendant for assistance. At the airport you should just give the
customs official your form and possibly answer a few questions
verbally. As for finding your contact, can you email or call ahead and
explain you are blind so instead of waiting for you to find their sign
or see them, could they look out for a person with a cane? That is
probably the easiest way to broach the subject. Generally when I am in
places where English isn't the main language, I tend to accept more
help than I normally would, partly because it's harder to get verbal
directions and partly so as to not offend the locals. Will you be the
only American on this trip?
Arielle