[nabs-l] Convention Newbie

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 23:54:40 UTC 2015

Hi, Diamond,

You might also want to go to the "Rookie Roundup" if it isn't already
on your itinerary for the week.  It will be held on Sunday night from
8:00-9:30 PM in Junior Ballroom G.  Yes, this does overlap the NABS
social a bit, but you can always pop into both and the NABS social
will go longer after the rookie roundup if you like it there or strike
up conversation.  Our president and other Federation leaders will be
there to welcome rookies to convention, and they're great people.

Also, about that personal itinerary I mentioned... many people find it
useful to create a personal schedule of events for the week so they
can plan out where they need and want to be.  If you haven't done this
and would like to you can look through the agenda found at
www.nfb.org/convention.  Hope this helps, and welcome to convention!
This is a great one to be your first!

On 7/3/15, Kathryn Webster via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Fellow Connecticutian!
>   Definitely come out to the NABS Social at 8 pm on Sunday in salon 11 level
> 2!
> Kathryn :)
>

> Kathryn C. Webster
> (203) 273-8463
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 3, 2015, at 5:59 PM, Diamond Burlingame via nabs-l
>> <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear List:
>>
>> I'm coming to the convention for the first time this year and I'm looking
>> to network with other blind people and learn more about the organization.
>> If you have time to show a newbie the ropes, call or text me. I look
>> forward to seeing everyone at convention!
>>
>> Rpunz vm Ruvdslknl, Wbggsl Wshfpun Whduz, Johsslunl svcpun Johtwpvuz: ollk
>> tf dvykz. Aol Kphtvuk Xblza pz bwvu fvb! Aol nhbuasla pz aoyvdu ha fvby
>> mlla; aol ypzrz thuf, aol yldhykz wsluapmbs. Qvpu aol jhkyl vm puaylwpk
>> dhyypvyz, msle fvby ruvdslknl vm aol UMI, kltvuzayhal fvby klaljapcl
>> zrpssz huk bulhyao vby wyljpvbz nlt. busvjr fvby mpyza johsslunl if
>> cpzpapun vby zayvunovsk huk npcpun aol nhalrllwly aopz flhy'z ubtily vm
>> zpnupmpjhujl. Yltltily, dolu pu Yvtl, dypal hz aol Yvthuz dvbsk. #UMIKX
>>
>> Safe travels,
>> Diamond Burlingame
>> (203) 364-4263
>> http://j.mp/1FpTGmI