[nabs-l] Funding Our Movement, It Must Be Done...

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:17:19 UTC 2015

Hey NABSters:

We've all heard that old song—you know, the one which goes: "Get on the PAC plan, sign up today. We need your contributions right away!" You might think this is a rallying cry only for those deep-pocketed adults who don't have to worry about student loans, college tuitions, and shoestring SSI budgets. But it's also a call to action for you—yes you, the student who might not have a lot of money but who knows the life-changing value of the National Federation of the Blind and who is determined to keep our dream alive. If you are that student, we need you to stop by the PAC table at national convention and contribute to our PAC efforts.

Every little bit helps; many of us are on the PAC plan for as little as $5, the cost of a cup of coffee at Starbucks. We give what we can. But whatever amount we contribute, we are committing to give back to the movement which has given us so much. So what's in it for me, you ask? Well, your contribution will allow NABS to increase our involvement in the PAC Plan and win the competition for the most engaged division in our organization. Further still, if we increase our PAC pledges, our national organization has committed to financially supporting our members in attending the 2016 Washington Seminar. That means if you want to attend our NABS winter seminar but are having financial difficulties, our national office will help you because of your contribution to the PAC Plan.

We are currently #1 in our PAC competition, but those pesky parents are close behind. So let's show our Federation family what we students can do! Let's have an army of committed NABSters joining the PAC plan and dedicating ourselves to supporting our movement. If you're at convention, stop by the PAC table, mention you're with NABS, and build the Federation with us. We can do this—let's fund our movement together!

Chris Nusbaum, Board Member
National Association of Blind Students

Sent from my iPhone