[nabs-l] Festival or eSpeak text to speech

Laurel laurel.stockard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:35:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,
My name is Laurel. I've been a long time member of the list but I'm
somewhat of a lurker. I read a lot but rarely ever write. I'll try and
write more. :) I'm a student at the University of Oklahoma, and I
study foreign languages. I'm looking for others who have had any
experience with eSpeak and Festival. Both programs are tts, or text to
speech, programs and appear to be open source, meaning one can modify
the voices a bit. I use eSpeak on the windows side of my mac through
VM Fusion and would like to configure Espeak to work in Mac OS. I
would also like to look into the possibility of using Festival, which
apparently works already on Mac os without any modifying. I'm
specifically interested in these 2 text to speech engines because of
their multilingual capabilities. So would anyone who has experience
with eSpeak either on windows or in a mac, or anyone who knows
something about Festival, please contact me? I would appreciate
greatly the opportunity to network with you and gain some help and
knowledge for a couple language projects I am working on.
Thanks so much,
my email is laurel.Stockard at gmail.com if someone wants to reply
privately as not to clutter the list, or you can reply on list, either
is fine with me.
Laurel