[nabs-l] Please read: equal access to education update

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:15:40 UTC 2015

Good morning NABS!

                Since the TEACH Act is no longer a bill we are fighting for,
the personal testimonies that were sent in last January are in need of some
alteration. Though content will not be changed, I want everyone to be aware
that if you sent in a TEACH Act testimony, the verbiage of TEACH Act will be
changed to say equal access to education or voluntary guidelines.

Please, if this change bothers you in the slightest, feel free to send me an
email at kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com <mailto:kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com>

I am so glad that we have received some so far, but we need more! Please
take ten minutes this weekend to tell your story. This personal testminoy
mustn't be long. We just need at least a paragraph of you expressing support
and need for equal access to education. Anecdotes are helpful!

Email me off-list if you would like a sample letter and I will happily send
you one.

It is up to us as print-disabled students to make a difference in the lives
of all blind students now and in the future. Thank you so much in advance
for stepping up to the plate for all of us because equal access to education
is not a privilege, it is an expectation!

Best,

Kathryn Webster

Secretary | National Association of Blind Students

President | North Carolina Association of Blind Students

Board Member | National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut

(203) 273-8463

Kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com