[nabs-l] Please read: equal access to education update

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 19:01:18 UTC 2015

Fellow NABSters:

To add to and perhaps clarify what Kathryn stated below, we are still very
much engaged in fighting for the principles which the TEACH Act embodied.
However, these guidelines have been transferred to a slightly different
piece of legislation. The bill formerly known as the TEACH Act is now called
the Stimulating the Market to Make Accessibility a Reality Today (SMART)
Act. I would encourage those of you who have not yet written your
testimonies, then, to mention the SMART Act so that members of Congress will
have a bill to reference. More information on this new bill and our policy
on it can be found in Resolution 2015-07, which can be read at:
https://nfb.org/2015%20Resolution. I hope this helps to clear up any
confusion which may have been caused. Please feel free to reach out to any
of us on the NABS Board with any questions or concerns.

Chris Nusbaum, NABS Board Member