[nabs-l] Reading textbooks with the Amazon Kindle app

Dan Burke dburke at cocenter.org
Mon Jul 20 14:37:58 UTC 2015

The Tech gurus at the National Center gave the Kindle app a C minus for academic purposes, C plus for general reading in 2013.  Nothing has changed much since then  It would be acceptable as a third-tier choice for textbooks, with Bookshare or Learning Ally a first-tier.

>From a personal observation, I'd say it's quite adequate  for a suspense or thriller novel - something you just read straight through without pause for reflection.

Here's the review:

https://nfb.org/blog/atblog/grading-kindle-accessibility-ios

Best,