[nabs-l] Sites for submiting/collecting data including attachments.

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Sat Jul 25 00:57:55 UTC 2015

Hello Kaiti,

I did two quick Google searches and here is what I found for you...

Google Forms does not allow respondents to upload files. There are some ways around this though:

Have them upload the file directly to your Drive account. See instructions here <http://lifehacker.com/allow-others-to-upload-files-to-your-google-drive-with-1567528648>.
Use JotForm <http://www.jotform.com/help/192-How-to-Integrate-a-Form-with-Google-Drive>, which has integration with Drive.

This is information on using Google forms and I also provided the link to this site just below this for you to visit if you wish.

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3527854?hl=en <https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3527854?hl=en>

NVDA, VoiceOver, JAWS

If you're using NVDA, VoiceOver, or JAWS when you edit a form, it's best to use the screen reader's application mode. In general, application mode provides a better experience than document mode. However, you might have to enable document mode to read some parts of the form, such as the form description or section headers.

Tips for using Google Forms
Search the menus

Many tasks in Google Forms can start with a menu search. There are two ways to start a menu search:

Option 1: Press Alt + / (Windows, Chrome OS) or Option + / (Mac).
Option 2: Open the Help menu by pressing Alt + H (Chrome on Windows, Chrome OS), Alt + Shift + H (Windows), or Control + Option + H (Mac). Press the down arrow to enter the search box.
Once your focus is in the search box, you can type a command, such as "Rename," "Share," or "Insert." Press the down arrow to hear search results for the action that you searched. For example, searching for "Insert" provides options to insert text, a section header, and other choices. Press Enter to apply the desired action.

Keyboard shortcuts

Because Google Forms is different from a typical website, some standard screen reader shortcuts don't apply. For the best experience, use Google Forms shortcuts <https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6026976> while editing your form.

If you ever forget a key combination, you can open a list of keyboard shortcuts within Google Forms by pressing Control + / (Windows, Chrome OS) or Command + / (Mac). Along with a list of shortcuts, the dialog contains a link to view all Google Forms shortcuts in the Help Center. To close the dialog, press Escape.

Although I have used Google forms I have never really had to set one up which allowed for the uploading of attachments to my google drive. This sounds very doable if you are interested I can assist you further off list. It sounds like someone else is willing to create something for you if you are interested in that route... Hope this helps and you know where to find me if you need... "wink"

Go Devils!

Bryan Duarte
ASU Software Engineering
QwikEyes CEO

> On Jul 24, 2015, at 10:30 AM, Kaiti Shelton via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> If this is more helpful than my explanation (I suck at explaining
> things sometimes), here are a few examples of what I would like to do.
>
> Accept applications with supporting documentation in an attachment.
> Have people take a survey, then upload supporting documentation.
> Give members of a group the ability to privately submit feedback
> information and allow for them to submit an attachment of notes,
> suggestions, etc if they like.
>
> Thanks,
>
> On 7/24/15, Kaiti Shelton <crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Chris,
>>
>> I have used surveymonkey to take surveys, but it isn't accessible for
>> setting them up.  The other thing is that it doesn't have the
>> capability to allow users to upload attachments requested by the
>> person managing the form.
>>
>> Basically I need to have a form with the capability of collecting
>> attachments so I can gather information for databases.
>>
>> On 7/24/15, Chris Nusbaum via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Kaiti:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding the question, but have you tried
>>> surveymonkey.com?
>>>
>>> Chris

>>> if it exists, in my student division quite a bit instead of more