[nabs-l] Disclosing That I am Blind on job/internship application process?

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 17:38:51 UTC 2015

If it gets discussed in an interview, I would be quick to tie it back to the
job.  From what I have observed, most of us on these lists seem to have an
easier time expressing ourselves, so discussing blindness on a job interview
would be okay as long as you tie your visual disability back to your ability
to do the job.  However, be careful with your consumers, because some of
them won't be comfortable enough to go back and forth.  I seen some
consumers tell the employers everthing in sundry about their disability
which was more than the employer bargained for, and the employer was
uncomfortable.  I can go back and forth myself on a job interview, or in
normal conversation, and so can many of you.  You have to be able to stim
the flood gates so the interview or application process does not become
centered on your disability.
Justin