[nabs-l] Seeking Advice on BrailleNote Apex Issue

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Thu Jun 25 06:55:59 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,
I am looking for an advice on BrailleNote Apex cleaning.
My current device has been used about 2 years now. In the two years, I
haven't had it get checked or cleaned. So far the software has been
running without much noticeable problem.
Only a few potential problems that stand out to me are keys not being
as smooth and inconsistency in Braille display in terms of how strong
dots are. However, it is not to the point I am having a difficult time
reading.
Since it is summer break, I do not need to use Apex as much as when I
am in school, so I am considering to send it in for cleaning to
Humanware.
If anyone is knowledgeable and/or have experienced similar situation,
would you say that sending it in for cleaning and diagnostics can
prevent future problems?
The worst case scenario for me is BrailleNote Apex suddenly having
problems that hinder my full usage in the middle of a school year.
Again, I am just trying to see if sending it in for now when I don't
have much significant problem with the device would be beneficial and
preventive measure for future problems.
Thank you for your help in advance.
Best,
Miso  Kwak