[nabs-l] Google sketchup accessible?

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 01:30:11 UTC 2015

Sean,

I just took Foundations of Tech last semester and we used a similar program.
I have not heard of or played with any accessible CAD drawing program.
Moreover, I would imagine that CADs wouldn't be accessible because they're
based primarily on images which would be unreadable for a screen reader. In
my FOT class, however, the vast majority of projects were done in groups of
two at the very least, whether we were using a CAD or not. Since the CAD
programs we were using were inaccessible and JAWS wasn't installed on any of
the classroom computers, I left the computer stuff to my partner(s) and
provided ideas on improving our design, asking my partner(s) to describe
what they saw after adding my idea to the CAD drawing. This is certainly not
ideal, but it was a workaround which worked for me.

HTH,

Chris