[nabs-l] 5 Reasons Why Guide Dogs Are a Terrible Idea!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:18:04 UTC 2015

Hi  all,

 I appreciate the  number of thoughtful posts on this thread.
  I find that sometimes it is difficult to actively  contribute or even consistently read posts on a list when  my fellow listers are engaged in emotionally charged conversations, and I appreciate that  everyone here has basically kept it respectful.
 It is very easy for one to feel strongly enough about something  that  sometimes we  project that emotion outward more than we realize(trust me, I’ve been  there and will probably be there again).
   I appreciate that people have looked at   Joe’s post as his own personal view on the matter based upon his personal  experiences, and have respected  not only his  views, but each other’s views.
   personally, I think   this list is at it’s best when questions  can be asked and answers are thoughtfully given, opinions are expressed respectfully, and the members of  the list  treat each other like a community where we teach, support,and encourage each other.
 I hope that spirit  continues to  live through our words and actions here.  whether  we use a cane, work a dog,or chose neither,  we are  diverse, talented and capable     people that educate and inform others
 respectfully,
  Darian  simply by posting to a list of hundreds.