[nabs-l] survey monkey accessibility questions

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 04:29:57 UTC 2015

I second Google Forms. If your survey is relatively simple, in other
words, if you don't need to randomize participants into conditions,
Google forms is great. Also, once you launch the survey, go to the
file menu with shift-alt-f and download a csv with the results
up-to-date any time!

Other than randomization, my other annoyance with Google forms is that
you can't specify (at least to my knowledge), numeric values for each
answer choice. Let's say you want to create a scale with 1, strongly
disagree to 5, strongly agree. You probably want to include on the
survey what each number means in case a participant forgets, but when
I download the csv, I would much prefer the cells just have the
numbers 1-5 so I don't have to replace each cell with the number
equivalent.

Anyway, like I said, Forms is great if you have a relatively simple
survey or if your sample size is small enough that replacing
information isn't a big deal.

Cindy