[nabs-l] Dreaming a dream-- Unseen Hope: Bringing Hope to Those Who Cannot See

Jewel S. herekittykat97 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:36:15 UTC 2015

Dear all,
First, I apologize for any crossposting. I would like to introduce
y'all to my Dream, found at http://goo.gl/blrxtA. This is a Dream
created at www.dreamfund.com. I want to bring 35 adjustable canes to
the Makassar School for the Blind, an adult-age school in Makassar,
Indonesia that has no white canes due to lack of funds. I first heard
of their plight when I found one of their teachers, Muhammad, on the
Matilda Zeigler (R.I.P.) in the penpals section, looking for someone
to practice his English with. He has very good English, actually,
since he is the English teacher at the school, but sometime his accent
just gets in the way.
Anyway, practicing English turned into chat about our different lives
and as he told me about his place of work, I was amazed that a school
for the blind could function without white canes for the students, who
are expected to travel independently to job interviews and eventually
to their jobs and homes and everywhere in the city anyone else would
go.
So, I came up with the idea of Unseen Hope, an organization that will
help schools all around the globe with the needs present. The name
came to me because I'm bringing them hope, but none of us will see it
since we're all blind. I hope to get support from you all, even if
it's only a couple of dollars. This is a special cause inmy heart, as
I feel independent travel is one of the most important things a blind
person can have to be free...free to go to the market whenever they
want, free to visit museums and parks, free to escape a burning
building, free to move around wherever and whenever they want to. If
you agree with me, donate a few dollars to my cause. If you want,
donate $25, and you'll get a group picture of all the students with
their canes when I travel there and present them...donate $75, and
you'll receive an individual picture of one of the students and a
thank you letter from that student.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you'll support my project!
Sincerely yours,
Amber "Jewel" Shuping
herekittykat972 at gmail.com
Facebook: Amber Shuping
Twitter: Jewelisgoofy
Phone number upon request in private e-mail