[nabs-l] Sociology stats class

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:01:25 UTC 2015

Hi, Amanda,

I took a stats course geared towards social science majors and minors,
so that should cover sociology.  The prof did a fair amount of
accommodating on his own.  Everything that he could make accessible
like tables to calculate T and Z scores were done in Microsoft word or
excel tables.  We had a rotating system where we would trade
flashdrives each class period so he could put the guided notes
documents and the graphs he made on the new drive and collect my
homework.  That system worked pretty well.  When he couldn't make a
graph or had a test that needed to be done the disability office came
in.  They also brailled a majority of my homework and took care of
getting my textbook settled.  The thing I appreciated most was that
the professor was open to working with them and me.  He was very
available to explain things outside of class and allowed the testing
center to have his cell phone number in case I needed to clarify
something durring an exam.

That's the jist of my stats accommodations.  Good luck; though stats
is challenging it is a useful course to take.

On 5/12/15, Minh Ha via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Amanda,
>
> I took a stats class for my sociology class last year. I worked with both
> the prof and the DS office to make it accessible. The ds office sent my
> textbook out to be brailled because I am really bad at doing math
> auditorily, and there are diagrams and graphs that are part of the course
> materials. I also had a note taker and a reader for the class. If you have
> any more specific questions, I can answer them.
>
> Minh
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 12, 2015, at 8:16 PM, Amanda via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>> Have you taken a sociology statistics course In university? Was it adapted
>> by the prof or the Osd?
>>
>> Amanda
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/minh.ha927%40gmail.com

Kaiti