[nabs-l] stats made accessible

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 20:08:39 UTC 2015

Hello James, Arielle, and Kaiti,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences of taking stats classes
and for sharing the resources that made those classes accessible to
you.  This is very encouraging to me, as I will be taking a stats
class for social sciences in the next couple of years as a part of my
dual Master's program in Counseling Psychology and Social Psychology.
I avoided taking stats in undergrad because I didn't think I would
have the skills, tools, or accomodations to be successful; in fact,
this is part of why I opted to pursue only a psychology minor rather
than the full major, because of accessibility concerns.  Now that I am
in training and my confidence and skill levels have grown, I feel more
prepared, but am still a bit nervous about the daunting task of taking
on what seems to be a more visual set of course contents.
So, thank you for sharing your experiences and what worked for you! I
truly appreciate it!

Best,

Sarah Meyer