[nabs-l] We are now accepting applications for the NABS mentoring program

Thomas Peralta tinypaws8491 at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 13:34:06 UTC 2015

What if you can't make it to Orlando this year, but want to be a mentor?  Can that still happen?
Tom PeraltaLegislative Co-Chair - Wisconsin

     On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:29 AM, Bre Brown via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 The 2015 NABS MENTORING PROGRAM!

Students, young professionals, successful blind adults, ambitious young
adults, listen up, this one is for you.
For the third year, NABS will be sponsoring a mentoring program which
will kick off during the 2015 convention, and build relationships
which will hopefully last a lifetime.
What: Blind students and professionals in the student's field of
interest will be matched.
When: On July 5th at 6:30 pm, we will hold our introduction
meet-and-greet, which
will be filled with fun games, and activities to kick off the
mentoring relationship.

Who: Blind students and first time convention attendees will be
mentees, blind professionals, and seasoned convention attendees will
serve as our mentors.
How: If you'd like to participate as a mentor or mentee, you simply
have to fill out a short form, which the committee will review.
For mentors go to:
http://nabslink.org/content/mentor-form
For mentees go to:
http://nabslink.org/content/mentee-form
You can also find the applications on www.nabslink.org.

The application deadline will be on June 15th.

The only way we can have a successful program is by having mentors and
mentees, so come one and come all! Spread the word! See you in
Orlando!

Bre Brown
Secretary, National Association of Blind Students