[nabs-l] recording book services

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat May 30 23:22:31 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have used Learning Ally in the past to record my requested books. But given their decision to stop cds and other factors leaving blind people out, I would rather use another service.
Their website is worse and worse. I don’t know about you all but now the search feature does not allow you to go to the next page of results; no links to switch pages.

What services are out there similar to Learning ally to record books? Are there any recording in daisy format?
I still may use learning ally, but I’m wanting to explore all options.

If you can suggest something, please tell me if they charge for the service and what the fee is and what type of requests they take.

I’d rather have a human narrated book because I absorb more that way.

Sadly, as we go to digital formats, it seems like less and less places record books. We used to have a local nonprofit in falls church recording texts and other books by request on tape, but they disappeared; lack of demand for services coupled with the phase out of tapes drove them away.

Thanks.

Ashley