[nabs-l] GRE test format

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:38:08 UTC 2015

Hi Kaley,

I took the GRE in Braille with a scribe who was available to serve as a
reader if/when needed for questions of clarification on the math sections.
I used a computer with JAWS to write my essays in NotePad.  I loved being
able to take the exam in Braille.  Also, there are practice tests in Braille
(I still have a couple and am looking to get rid of them actually), as well
as specific study materials for math (which I definitely needed since I
hadn't taken math for 7 years).  I don't know if you read Braille and if
that is something you would be comfortable with or not, but if it is an
option for you, I highly recommend going that route.

Also, as someone else mentioned, contact ETS disability services with any
issues/concerns right away and see what they suggest for your specific
situation.  If you do want Braille practice tests, feel free to email me
off-list with your contact info and I'll send you what I have.

Good luck!

Sarah

Sarah K. Meyer

Graduate Student, Clinical Mental Health Counseling/Social Psychology

Ball State University

Board Member, National Federation of the Blind Human Services Division

Board Member, National Federation of the Blind of Indiana State Affiliate

sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com

(317)402-6632

characteristic that defines you or your future. You can live the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back. Together with love, hope, and
determination, we transform dreams into reality.