[nabs-l] Obtaining Accessible GRE and Praxis Study Materials

Loew, Ruth C rloew at ETS.ORG
Wed Nov 18 20:31:23 UTC 2015

Hi, Kayla (and others on this list).  Many of you know me.  I work for ETS and regularly attend NFB and NABS events.

The GRE General Test has a large selection of accessible practice materials, including math, online.  See http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/disabilities , which gives links to accessible online materials as well as information on how to obtain hard-copy materials such as tactile graphics or braille.

For accessible practice materials for the specific Praxis test or tests you will be taking, contact our Disability Services area:  http://www.ets.org/disabilities/contact/.

If you aren't able to obtain the materials you need, feel free to email me off-list.

I look forward to seeing many of you at the Washington Seminar.

Ruth C. Loew, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
Office of Disability Policy, ETS

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 20:26:03 -0500
From: Karl Martin Adam <kmaent1 at gmail.com>
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing
list<nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Obtaining Accessible GRE and Praxis Study
Materials

ETS will give you the study materials that they provide in print
to sighted people in braille.  These consist of two practice
tests.  They will also give you the kind of accessible calculator
you will be allowed on the test to practice with.  There are
probably websites for the verbal and writing portions, but I
wasn't worried about them when I took the GRE, so I haven't
looked.  I wasn't able to find an accessable math prep site--they
all seem to use graphics for the equations without alt tagging
them to make them accessible.