[nabs-l] Questions about using Book share and note taking while reading

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 11:14:25 UTC 2015

Hi Carlos.  If you use jaws, there is a program on your computer from
freedom scientific called FS reader 2.0.  This little program reads
bookshare books on the computer extremely well.  You can easily open a
bookshare daisy book, then if the book is well marked up, find a
specific chapter you may need to read for a class.  A couple years
ago, I was finishing up my associates degree and needed to read an
astronomy textbook.  Bookshare had the addition I needed.  Our online
class skipped around different chapters quite a bit, and I used fs
reader to find a certain chapter I needed to read for class and it
worked very well.  Other devices like a braille notetaker, or victor
stream could also help you.  If you have a braille display, even
better.  Good luck.