[nabs-l] techie questions

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Tue Oct 6 14:26:29 UTC 2015

Hello,
I've answered your questions inline.

On 10/6/2015 8:25 AM, Sarah Meyer via nabs-l wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a few technological questions that I'm hoping someone might be
> able to shed some light onto.
>
> 1. Is there a way to both remove programs from a computer if you
> realize you no longer want them or to transfer them from one computer
> to another? For instance, if I have an old version of Duxbury on an
> old laptop, is there a way to transfer the program onto a new laptop
> and just update it from there?
> Or do I need to just start the whole download process anew on the new laptop?

If you're on windows vista and higher, just go to start and type add or
remove. It'll take you to the add or remove programs. The transfer is a
bit harder because you'd need to transfer data, so I'd recommend just
downloading the program on your new system.

> 2. Has anyone used a Braille NOte Apex as a Braille Dsplay paired with
> a laptop, and if so how have you paired them?  I can't get mine to
> pair successfully.  I can pair my Braille Note with my iPhone but not
> my laptop.
>
> 3. Does anyone know how to select multiple items in a "select box" on
> the Internet using JAWS 16 and Internet Explorer? I can only select
> one item but not multiple items from a drop-down menu even wen you are
> supposed to be able to select multiple items and I would like to
> select multiple email addresses through the Blackboard email feature,
> for example.

Try using control+up/down arrow and control+space.

> Thanks for any and all assistance/feedback.  Have a great day everyone!
>
> Sarah

HTH,

- --
Take care,