[nabs-l] disclosing blindness

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Sat Oct 10 19:53:51 UTC 2015

As the NFB  message goes Blindness is not the characteristic that defines you.

I would suggest just focusing on your great qualities and
accomplishments and not direct the focus on your blindness. Sadly
disabilities are made into a spectacle. You often see those videos
where someone who has a disability accomplishes something something
that the individual does in their daily lives, however it is made into
a spectacle. In my Disability studies course that is called
Inspiration Porn.

Good luck