[nabs-l] SO MANY ACCOMMODATION ISSUES! Advice needed!

STOMBERG, KENNEDY kestomberg at coe.edu
Fri Oct 30 22:27:20 UTC 2015

Hello Chelsea,

A few things.
First, I totally get having a professor who is anti-technology, and doesn't
respond to e-mails. Actually, when you were describing your math
professor,  I had to laugh a bit, because it sounded exactly like a
professor I had last semester, including not having office hours. (My
professor taught biology, not math but still... the resemblance was
striking!) There's not much you can do with those people, especially if
your ASD isn't being helpful. Tutoring may be a good option in this case.
As for your history teacher, you absolutely should have access to the
slides! If it continues to be a problem, I would keep pestering them. If
you send them an e-mail at least once a week reminding them that you need
the slides to study very do well, something should come of it, assuming
that this professor isn't as bad as the math professor when it comes to
answering e-mails.
As for your English teacher... What she is doing is illegal! It may be
difficult to do too much if she has tenure, but deffinitely keep those
e-mails! She is not allowed to ask you to drop! That is lazy on her part.
It's like saying "You're a challenge for me. So please drop my class." It's
not okay!

It may be getting to the point where you want to file a complaint with your
university, though Tyler does make a good point. Talking to NFB is also a
good idea. They can tell you if filing a lawsuit is the right thing at this
stage. I would also switch counsilors! Clearly, this councilor reccommended
the wrong professors! Deffinitely avoid that English teacher if you can!

I hope everything works out for you!
Kennedy Stomberg