[nabs-l] my blog about my experiences at LCB

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 11 16:20:50 UTC 2015

I thank Aleeha for sharing her blog and I look forward to reading it. I also
wonder if the dog will feel lonely while she is in training and if the
relationship will be compromised because I know dogs bond with their owners.

Tyler, I understand your position and I'm  sorry to learn you were not hired
for a summer program. Since you're a wizz at technology and you strike me as
a successful student, or maybe you already graduated,
I think you would be an assett to a summer program. However, there are other
summer programs around the country such as those at Enchanted hills camp or
Cleveland sight center, and I encourage you to apply to those programs if
you are interested in working with blind children and youth.
Also, not sure what program you applied to, and its best not said IMO, but
you might try other nfb centers that might have more dog friendly policies.

I welcome all opinions  even if they are negative. I think there is a
tendency to not accept constructive critisism of NFB programs on nfb lists.
That's too bad since we need to hear all sides particularly if someone has
had experiences with a program, so everyone can make an informed decision.

Ashley